Thursday, October 6, 2011

Deodorant you can apply once a week?

Okay I know that sounds truly unbelievable and down right unhygienic, but it's true after one application you can remain odor free for up to a week. It's water proof so you can bathe, play sports, and arm wrestle wearing a red unitard with it on. It is a paste like consistency and a barbie sized spatula is supplied for spreading it evenly under your arms. It works best after you've went without deodorant for a day or two (I recommend staying in for the weekend) and then scrubbing off any remaining build up from previous deodorants. It should be applied at night before bed and it's best to make sure it has been applied to dry underarms as it can become very gummy when wet. It has a very distinct plant like musk smell, which is quite pleasant. I made the switch to aluminum free deodorants about 4-5 years ago and I have been bummed about the ineffectiveness of most aluminum free underarm deodorants. Some stick type glycerin based deodorants are so hard it made me wonder if any was actually being applied as it felt just like smooth plastic. Others made my underarms burn and I'd get a rash from a few applications. Then others just plain old didn't work and I would be smelling like a barnyard before noon. Lavlin claims you can remain odor free for up to a week which is partially true based on how much you sweat, what you eat and a few other factors. Sometimes I can go a week with no stink and other times I'd say it lasts 3 days. It is quite spendy for what you get if your mate is hogging it all with his hairy armpits, but I would say it is well worth it if you are the sole user. I give this product 4/5 stars.

No comments: