Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Lacking Sleep?



I am one of those people  that has a hard time getting to sleep and staying asleep. I am not desperate enough to go to a doctor and get on some mind numbing, zombi-fying, drug, but I do need a little help in the slumber department. One of the biggest pet peeves I have is that I am ultra sensitive to anything I take and if I take anything containing a sedative I will be groggy for days. I first experimented with Melatonin a few months back, some brands worked, some did not, and some made me feel like I was in a drug induced stupor that could not be shaked. One of the best working brands I have tried was Twinlabs Controlled Release Release Melatonin. One half dissolves quickly so you can get to sleep and the other half dissolves slower so you can stay asleep. I would recommend trying it on a Friday night though as every individual response is different and it could make you groggy the first time or two you use it. I was just told by my naturopath today that I can cut the grogginess by taking B-vitamins. As with any drug, over the counter,prescription etc.; use caution until you know how this will effect you.

This advice is not to be construed as medical advice and has not been proven to be effective by the FDA. Consult your physician before beginning any new health regimen.

No comments: