Monday, October 10, 2011



Let's Do Organic Coconut Flour is an awesome alternative to wheat flour for all you gluten free people. I am not entirely gluten free; I can tolerate small amounts, but if I over do it, it makes me very ill. For those times when I want to indulge and don't feel like having a headache or feeling sick to my stomach; I use this coconut flour to make anything from sweet honey coconut bread , coconut pancakes, chocolate coconut brownies, or coconut bacon egg & cheese muffins. Yes it sounds a little weird, but you have to be creative when living a gluten free or gluten "less" lifestyle. The Pro: this is very economical for the amount of coconut flour per recipe that you use. The con: the flour is quite dense and soaks up any moisture so recipes require a lot of eggs and/or oil (may be able to use applesauce and a little less of the oil/eggs???). This is also ideal flour if you are on a carb restricted diet, as it has almost four times the fiber of bran. High fiber equals less net carbs. In all I give this product 5 stars. My favorite is the coconut bread slathered with Trader Joe's Lemon Curd. I bought this from Amazon as it was the most economical and shared it with other gluten free people I know.

No comments: