Sunday, November 27, 2011

Benefits of Coconut Water


If you are looking for a way to cut back on sugary drinks and looking to boost your health; coconut water is a good start. There are many reasons to drink coconut water and I will go into that in a bit, but first, I will tell you my experience with it. I had tried it once or twice at my local health food store and I loved the taste (tastes like a slightly sweetened coconut flavored water). Twenty minutes had passed and I noticed that a slight headache I had before drinking it went away. When I got to reading the back of the can it mentioned some benefits that were unknown to me previously.

 It stated that coconut water had been used in place of saline solution intravenously in the tropics when saline was not on hand. It is completely isotonic and contains electrolytes to help balance out any bodily fluids that have been lost from illness or trauma. In fact  (after further research) it was used in World War II* and in the Pacific War** in place of blood plasma transfusions.  It is relatively low in calories, low in carbs, High in Potassium, and fat free.
 


After doing my own personal research over the course of a month I found that I felt more energy while drinking coconut water, my digestion had improved and I noted that after eating sugary foods (which tend to make me feel ill and lethargic if I even slightly over do it) it brought me back to feeling normal again. It also lessened the amount of migraines I had been getting. While all of the benefits sound amazing; keep in mind, this is no miracle worker and may not be right for everyone. If you are looking into healing with foods though, rather than drugs, this can be used for a variety of ailments. Please note, I have tried several different brands of coconut water and C2O is the best by far. Beware of other products found on the Massive grocery store chain shelf. I tried two of those brands (Zico and Vita Coco) and they tasted bitter and spoiled.

 Do your own research and discover the amazing benefits of coconut water.

Look at the list of benefits below to name a few:
  • Boost's immune system
  • May treat kidney stones
  • Replenishes electrolytes after illness or intense exercise
  • Helps detoxify your body
  • Promotes weight loss
  • Increases circulation
  • Helps control diabetes
  • Helps for either constipation/diarrhea
  • Raises metabolism
  • Contains anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-microbial properties
  • Research studies suggest that cytokinins(e.g., kinetin and trans-zeatin) in coconut water showed significant anti-ageing, anti-carcinogenic, and anti-thrombotic effects***

Sources:


http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/
http://c2o-cocowater.com/#/benefits/

*       http://www.howardsbest.com/ww2.php
**     http://www.drinkpura.com/about-coconut-water.php
***   http://www.nutrition-and-you.com/coconut-water.html
**** http://www.body-detox-and-you.com/dissolve-kidney-stones.html

(Please note this has not been evaluated by the FDA & is not to be taken as medical advice)

No comments: