Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Eczema, Rash, Itchy Skin

During the winter my eczema seems to flair up worse than usual; my skin itches so bad, I sometimes feel like I would love to be drug by someones bumper down a gravel road. I have eczema in a few sensitive and embarrassing areas.  If it weren't for Florasone by Boericke & Tafel, I would be miserable. I love this stuff, it is not only effective, but does not thin your skin as does Cortisone. The main ingredient in this cream is Cardiospermum which is a flowering tropical vine that contains natural steroids which can help alleviate itching. Cardiospermum has been used for centuries in India and Africa and has little or no side effects (unless you are allergic to Cardiospermum). The only drawback to this product is the smell. I have been using it for the last 4 years now and I still don't care for the smell of it. It's a weird smell and comes from the plant it is made from. Other than that it beats having to claw at my itchy skin all day.

No comments: