Saturday, November 26, 2011

Tired of fishy tasting fish oil?

Nordic Naturals Arctic-D Cod Liver Oil, Lemon
When my doctor told me to take a fish oil supplement, I was hesitant to say the least. The reason I was hesitant was due to a few bad experiences I had in the past. I tried several different higher end brand capsules and they all made me have the fishy tasting burps and some even gave me nightmares. I finally quit taking it because I was about to lose my mind with that constant fishy after taste and nightmarish sleep. Then when I explained the side effects to my doctor, she suggested I take the oil, not the capsules; which I was strongly opposed to before, because it was just the nasty thought of swallowing oil that tasted like fish. She explained the burps and fish taste was probably from the fish oil being rancid or oxidized. She also suggested I take the Arctic Cod Liver Oil over the fish oil, because of it's extra health benefits. When I was looking at all the options at the health food store, I decided to question the on staff herbalists. I asked them what the best bang for my buck would be and also was the least offensive tasting. I explained I had an easy gag reflex, I hate fishy tastes and this is something my kids would be taking as well. She immediately pointed out the Nordic Naturals Lemon flavored Arctic Cod Liver Oil.  It is in a beautiful dark blue glass bottle. I decided to go with it and I was pleasantly surprised. For one thing, no oil is easy to swallow. It is a consistency you just have to get used to over time. The first few times you feel like yakking, but the fourth and fifth time it's really no big deal. This formula is awesome, not only could I not taste the fish, I  never experienced any of the burpy aftertaste or nightmares. I give this product 5/5 stars. Open the hatch and here's to your health!

No comments: