Monday, December 12, 2011

Aunt Patty's Organic Coconut Oil


Aunt Patty's -- Organic Coconut Oil

Coconut's have so many amazing properties. Coconut trees have been revered in tropical regions and called the tree of life because they have so many different uses (see my post on coconut water). One of the uses I will cover today is the oil. Coconut oil should be cold pressed, virgin and organic if you are wanting to attain its health benefits. The unrefined version of this oil can be used for cooking, internally, and topically. I have personally used coconut oil for baking, sauteing, tropical, Thai or eastern dishes. I also use it internally for a boost of energy and to aid in weight loss. It can be melted into its liquid state and be rubbed onto your skin to alleviate dryness and will kill certain types of fungal infections on the skin. Aunt Patty's Organic Coconut Oil is the most economical of the brands I have found and is a local company. Dr, Bruce Fife has written several books on the uses of coconut oil and coconut products, I suggest going to the coconut research center to learn more. I give this product 5/5 stars.



No comments: